The John Howard Society of Saint John is seeking individuals interested in casual part time employment that will include evenings, weekends and holidays for our residential homes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Residential Care Worker position is responsible for the daily operations of the residence, which includes the primary duty for intensive support and supervision of residents with social, emotional and behavioural problems, who require semi-independent care, in a therapeutic manner, in accordance with the Department of Social Development Development’s standards and the philosophy and objectives of the John Howard Society of Saint John.
- High school diploma, Human Services diploma or two years post-secondary schooling in the area of Psychology, Sociology or Criminal Justice.
- One year experience providing supervision and therapeutic support in a community based residential home would be an asset.
- Successful completion of a thorough criminal record check and Department of Social Development child welfare check.
- Resolve conflict situations.
- Supervise activities of clients living in residential homes and half-way houses.
- Implement behaviour management programs.
- $15.00 – $15.97 hourly
How to Apply
John Howard Society of Saint John
Attention: Director of Human Resources
68 Carleton Street
Saint John, NB
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.